- 'Electrical stimulation therapy and electroceutical treatment for the management of venous leg ulcers’ published in Community Wound Care
- ‘The health economic burden that acute and chronic wounds impose on an average clinical commissioning group / health board in the UK’ published in the Journal of Wound Care
- ‘Health economic burden that different wound types impose on the UK’s National Health Service’ published in the International Wound Journal
- 'Using electroceutical treatment to reduce symptoms and improve healing in chronic wounds’ published in Primary Health Care
- 'Breaking the cycle of hard-to-heal wounds with electroceutical treatment’ presentation to the Leg Ulcers: Right Care, Right Time Wounds UK Nurse Symposium
- 'Venous leg ulcer management in clinical practice in the UK: costs and outcomes’ published in the International Wound Journal
- 'Right Care, Right Time - An evaluation using an electroceutical treatment to determine the clinical outcomes in a large NHS Trust’ poster presented at Wounds UK
- Synapse Electroceutical Limited supports Bromley Healthcare Charity
- TVNI Meeting 2017
- Best Practice Event 2016
- Accel‑Heal® on BBC News
- Accel‑Heal® offers a potential saving of £495 million to the NHS
- Japanese Patent and Australia and New Zealand Trademarks for Accel‑Heal®
- Living with a leg ulcer
Regulatory and IP
All Synapse electroceutical products are designed and manufactured to conform with the highest standards of quality and safety.
All our products adhere to the quality standards dictated by the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO), Medical Device Directive (MDD), Medical Device Classification and carry the Conformité Européenne (CE) marking. In 2007 Synapse Micro-Current Ltd achieved ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems and ISO 13485 accreditation for the design and manufacture of medical devices for sport and medical applications. In addition, Synapse has over 50 patents already granted and several pending in key territories of the world as well as a number of registered trademarks.
Synapse Electroceutical medical products are officially certified as Class IIA devices under the medical device directive 93/42/EEC.
Accel-Heal® carries the CE mark having been tested and approved by Notified Body 0120 Accel-Heal® is manufactured to ISO 13485:2016 for the design and manufacture of medical devices.
- Click here to download a (pdf) copy of the ISO 13485 certification
- Click here to download a (pdf) copy of the ISO 93/42 EEC certification
- Click to download a (pdf) copy of the declaration of conformity
All Synapse Electroceutical products carry the CE marking.
For a comprehensive document covering hazards, contra-indications and warranty please visit this link.
The Synapse Electroceutical Accel-heal® unit is classified as Class IIA medical devices, having been tested and approved by Notified Body 0120 at meeting the standards of the Medical Devices Directive and the ISO 13485 management system.